Graphic Design for Journal Articles
As you may or may not know, I have been known to dabble in creative arts beyond writing; including painting and digital art. This has come in handy, especially for designing images for scientific journal articles. I’ve decided to start offering those services [for a modest fee]. If you think I might be able to help you, get in touch! Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works:
- You send me the image requirements (size, resolution, etc.), as well as the journal name so that I can see the style that they tend to prefer.
- You will also need to send me a lay-description of your work, and any image ideas you have or would like to see.
- If I think it’s something I can do, I will send you a very preliminary draft along with an invoice.
- Once you’ve paid the invoice, I’ll get to work on making a full render to the specified parameters.
- You’ll get the opportunity to request small changes to the final design.
How much does it cost?
- My prices vary depending on the complexity and detail of the image you’re looking for. In general my starting price for a simple schematic is $50 (AUD) and for a cover image is $300 (AUD)
- Get in touch and we can discuss.
We all know how fickle journals can be, so I’m afraid I can’t guarantee that cover images will be selected and I can’t offer any refunds if your image is not selected. However, you are more than welcome to use the image for other purpose like presentations, posters, or project advertising.